Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



3/17/14






Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog






Wild At Heart


For a lot of music fans, the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame is both cool and annoying. My first experience with the Hall was a there opening concert at the old Cleveland Browns stadium where I got to see some awesome musical acts like the Kinks, Johnny Cash, Booker T and the MGs, Jackson Browne, Bob Dylan and Lou Reed which colors my dedication to the Hall. Years later I went to a fundraiser at the Hall where I saw Richie Furay, Gene Chandler and Tommy James and the Shondells, so I have seen some awesome musical acts thanks to the Hall which allows me, along with my love of all types of music, to me more lenient with the Hall for some of it's choices. Like how is Deep Purple not in the Hall yet or why did it take KISS so long. Speaking of KISS, I do think it is a shame they only inducted the original four members. I love that original line up but Singer, Thayer and Carr were with the band just as long as Peter Criss and played on some big albums. After all, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham were inducted with Fleetwood Mac and they were not original members (Mac formed in 1967 and they joined in 1975) so why should this hold with KISS. I think KISS should perform with the line up they want but should do at least 1 song with the original four if they want to show.

The reason I am even talking of the Hall today is a contest they are doing four an upcoming exhibit about Music Festivals and they are asking fans to choose a top 10. I love going to concerts and have seen hundreds of great shows, none of which are on this list but it is still awesome to look at and then watch some of the videos of the concerts on the website. I think Jimi Hendrix at Monterey will be hard to beat, but you have 20 shows to pick from including Dylan's electric set at Newport, Otis Redding at Monterey, Daft Punk at Coachella, Phish w/Bruce Springsteen at Bonnaroo and Isaac Hayes at Wattstax to name a few. This is a decent list of performances and worth checking out and voting.

Go to http://www.rockhall.com/voting/the-greatest-festival-moments-in-rock-and-roll-history/ to vote until April 2nd.

This is a slow week for my recommendations for some cool music, but the Blind Boys are one of the best live artists I have ever seen so you should check out those amazing voices:

Wednesday (3/19) - Gaelic Storm @ Magic Bag

Thursday (3/20) - Blind Boys Of Alabama @ the Ark, Uncle Cracker @ Machine Shop

Saturday (3/22) - Citizen Smile @ PJs Lager House

Here are the Blind Boys Of Alabama singing "Run On". I saw them originally at the Palace Of Auburn Hills when they opened for Peter Gabriel and they held their own very well. It will be awesome to see them in a more personal size audience that the Ark brings.


Looks like I can now go and pick my tournament brackets. I loved watching all the various tournaments so now it is time for my favorite sporting event of the year.