Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



10/21/13

THE PRETTY RECKLESS IS COMING TO ST. ANDREWS FRIDAY, OCT 25, 2013

 

The pretty reckless going to hell  1

 

If you have heard of the Pretty Reckless, you may have preconceived ideas about them. Actress turned rocker, rebellious teen in heavy eye make-up, cursing, smoking, talking about her "toy" collection. You need to set that all aside. The Pretty Reckless is all about the music. They are a hard rocking band that is coming to St Andrews Hall in Detroit, Michigan on Friday, October 25, 2013.

In this day and age of calculated publicity stunts and shock antics, it's refreshing to see a young artist making music that speaks for it's self. The Pretty Reckless is one of those bands. Taylor Momsen may have started as an actress, but she is a full rocker musician these days. While she may shock or surprise you by her actions, it's who she is. It's not to generate buzz. It's to express her artistic vision. It's something she wants to say.

Taylor was nicest enough to give me a interview to preview the new album single, Going to Hell and tour.

1. Tell me the story of how you became a musician. What was your inspiration? The reason, did you have something to say? Did you want fame, fortune, it looked like fun?
I have been singing since I was a child. The first time I was in a recording studio, I was 5 yrs old and it’s been the love of my life since then

2. I really enjoy Light Me Up. The lyrics are powerful, full of emotion. The music rocks. I'm interested in the new album, Going to Hell. I haven't been able to find that much about it. Can you please tell me about it, writing process, inspiration, an interesting story during recording.
Going to Hell took a year to make with many hardships in between.  It's a raw, thoughtful rock record and is very stripped down compared to most of our previous work.  Touring for years made a real band out of us and this record is simply that, two guitars, a bass and drums turning up and playing songs.

3. Please tell me about, describe the new tour. Something to expect or look forward too. Something to excite people into wanting to come.
I’m so psyched to play new material. It's heavy and driving and will blow your face off live.  It's going to be a loud, crazy rock show every night.  It's the best job on earth.

4. Anything you would like to add, say, get off your chest?
The only thing I need to get off my chest is my dog, but come see us, it’ll be a night you won’t forget, and check out the new single, Going to Hell, out on Sept 24th - slamming song.

 

 

The Pretty Reckless
Doors: 7:00pm
@ St. Andrews Hall
431 Congress St.
Detroit, MI
All Ages
TICKETS
Live Nation