Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



5/27/13




Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog






Wild At Heart


Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. I didn't do too much except some errands with my dad and hit the "Oz" movie which was just OK. Been having a bit of a cool streak here so not much outdoors time either. Anyway, the start of the summer is hear and I was some concerts coming up that I would like to recommend, esp that Stranglers. I saw Hugh a few years ago but a chance to see one of the best proto-punk bands would be awesome. It is shows like this which make me wish I was still in Detroit. Here are my suggestions for this week.

Wednesday (5/29) - Alkaline Trio w/Bayside @ Clutch Cargos

Thursday (5/30) - Amy Gore and Her Valentines open for the Stranglers @ Magic Stick

Friday (5/31) - Uncle Kracker w/Ty Stone @ Downtown Hoedown (Hart Plaza), Fur and Electric Fire Babies @ Small's, Amino Acids open for Against The Grain @ Magic Stick, Paper Route @ Pike Room, Jill Jack @ Detroit School Of Rock and Pop Music (Royal Oak)

Saturday (6/01) - Marshall Crenshaw @ the Ark, Devendra Banhart @ St Andrews Hall, Detroit Cobras @ Magic Stick

Monday (6/03) - Jonathan Richman @ Magic Stick, Third Day @ Pine Knob