Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



12/26/11

Wild At Heart

Wild Bill Ketelhut provides the "blog" to this anti-blog




Wild At Heart


The year is winding down and I feel like I should be doing some kind of grand list of the best of 2011 but I cannot think of anything to really put together. Besides, there are way too many lists out there as it is. I prefer to look ahead to stuff that is coming up or maybe a bucket list for 2012 which would include concerts by Tommy Roe, Marillion, Chubby Checker and the Rochester International Jazz Fest line up. I also hope to go to Syracuse to catch a home game by the Syracuse Orangemen and a trip to Toronto for the Mayan exhibit at ROM and the Otherworldly exhibit at the TIFF. I am sure that the year will have many exciting opportunities and I hope I am able to cash in on them. Until then, I will just wish everyone a Happy New Year and here are a few concert options for the week.



Tuesday (12/27) - Fireworks @ Small's


Wednesday (12/28) - Sights @ Magic Stick


Thursday (12/29) - Suicide Machines w/ Mustard Plug and Flatfoot 56 @ Majestic Theatre, Prussia @ Woodruff's (Ypsilanti)


Friday (12/30) - the Macpodz open for Greensky Bluegrass @ Majestic Theatre


Saturday (12/31) - Detroit Cobras and Amy Gore @ Magic Stick, Mark Pasman & Super Session @ Callahans, Whitney Morgan & the 78's @ Magic Bag, 60 Second Crush @ Ritz (Warren), Maze featuring Frankie Beverly @ Masonic Temple


Also don't forget the deadline for the Hometown Sound contest is approaching quick. Later and see you in 2012.