Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



8/8/11

Concert Preview: Selena Gomez and the Scene Wed. Aug. 10 DTE

When you get a bit older and have a family of your own you may sometimes find yourself attending shows and even telling others about shows which before the family, you would have probably never even been aware of. This is my upfront excuse for letting you all know Selena Gomez, the new teen wonder, is playing with her band the Scene at DTE Energy Music Theater this Wednesday.
I'll be there with my 12-year-old daughter and if I'm honest with you I'll probably be enjoying myself. Through hearing Selena in the car on the way to the mall with my daughter, or seeing her on TV, I'll readily admit Selena's pretty damn talented and her songs are as good as anything else on the radio these days. Actually, Selena is maybe even better than most of what I hear.
In addition to Selena and the Scene, there's a new teen playing a few songs at the start of the show which may be the next youthful sensation. Her name is Christine Grimmie, and she's mostly known for her YouTube covers of popular artists. In fact, this how she caught the attention of Selena. Christine's videos have millions of downloads, the media has called her a female version of Justin Bieber and her first ep "Find Me" was released June 14. The ability to attract a massive audience on YouTube fascinates me. Just how does one get singled out among the thousands of videos uploaded everyday? After all, this is a person we're talking about, not a cat doing tricks. I'll be interviewing Christine at the show so I'll have some answers for you in an upcoming post. In the meantime here's a recent video she posted of her with her own unique take on Billie Jean.