Promote your event / Contact MCB

YOU HAVE REACHED MOTORCITYBLOG.
email us anytime motorcityblog@gmail.com



7/12/10

Deadmau5 at the Fillmore 7/3 by RebeccaMich

I hope you got the chance to start off July with
Deadmau5 at the Fillmore on 7/3
He hit the decks at about 12:30 and his stage production really has become
something comparable to a proper 4th-of-July-display.



I remember the first time I had seen and heard Deadmau5, DEMF 2008. He really has come a long way. For me, seven shows later, I am still in awe of his pounding beats. Though a DJ puts on a 'different' kind of performance, stage presence and character still matters, and D5 has it down. Saw a few creative "Mau5 heads" in the crowd and a nice addition was the Mau5 Ear glowstick headbands.



I am all for exposure but it was interesting to see how the Deadmau5 crowd has evolved right along with him. You could say he's a bit "mainstream", but still the current #5 DJ in world nonetheless.

Glad he played a few oldies but goodies, "I Remember", "Arguru", "The Reward is Cheese" and, of course, the updated version of "Ghosts N Stuff" with Rob Squire of Pendulum adding his vocal touch. Also got to hear a lot of the newer stuff, and this performance of "FML" definitely blew the one from the last tour out of the water!